- 1 lb organic unwaxed cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 large red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sesame or olive oil 1 tsp
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- few drops toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup re-hydrated Alaria chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tbsp scallions chopped
- Thinly slice one pound of organic unwaxed cucumbers and sprinkle with one teaspoon of sea salt; set aside for thirty minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, sesame or olive oil, rice vinegar and honey. Set aside.
- Peel and slice the onion. Lightly rinse the cucumbers, combine with the sliced red onion and alaria. Toss with the dressing. Garnish with chopped dill and scallions.
- Variation: substitute ½ cup finely sliced scallions for the red onion. Add half of a red or yellow sweet pepper, chopped fine. Mix with the rinsed cucumbers and alaria. Dress and garnish as above.
Share this Recipe