- 3-4 inch Kelp strips soaked and sliced into long thin strips
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 large onion sliced into thin half moons
- 1-2 medium parsnips sliced into matchsticks
- tamari to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet with heavy lid. Add kelp and sauté 1-2 minutes. Add onion and sauté until limp.
- Add parsnips and stir until coated with oil.
- Cover vegetables halfway with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes until parsnips are soft but not mushy.
- Sprinkle with tamari and simmer 5-7 minutes more.
- Garnish with sliced scallions or a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
Share this Recipe