When 9/11 occurred, the country was on “yellow alert” and “red
alert”. I originally wrote this recipe and called it “green and alert”.
The name has morphed as time has passed.
Here is a recipe for a calming soup.
The most important ingredient
is the calm mind of the cook.
I suggest these thoughts:
There is nothing to be done.
It is all covered.
You do not need to worry.
You will get exactly what you need,
In every moment of your life.
Your Great Perfection,
Liberating you into the Light,
Is already accomplished.
Center your breath in the Heart
Making the sound of “Ahhh”
And be grateful.
Put “other” in place of “self”
And breathe deeply,
Relaxing into the Great Presence.
Now make peaceful soup.
- Heat water (3-4 quarts).
- Add Seaweed Soup Mix (a teaspoon per serving) (to make nutrients-dense broth),
- Wash grain (three times), swirl and strain, (half a cup whole oats, rice or barley).
- Add grain, shiitake mushrooms, ginger root.
- Cut root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, rutabaga)
- Dice an onion and some garlic, sauté with thyme. (Choose your favorite oil: sesame, olive, coconut.)
- When grain is softened, add root vegetables, tamari.
- Finish off with a generous amount of greens: Kale, parsley, celery. Add the onions.
- If you have fresh herbs, now is the time!
- This soup gets better on the second day And you can add pasta sauce, noodles And cut corn, totally renewing its flavors. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe