- 1 bunch scallions with roots washed very well
- 3 leaves bok choi or 3 baby bok choi
- 1 small carrot with top (if available)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ginger grated
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp Summer Blend Seaweed Soup Mix
- 2 tbsp white miso
- Remove scallion roots and mince, set aside. Thinly slice scallions on the diagonal, keeping white, greens and tops separate.
- Slice bok choi, keeping whites and greens separate. Slice carrots into thin half rounds. Finely chop carrot top, if available.
- Heat oil in a medium soup pot. Sauté carrots and scallion roots 1-2 minutes. Add scallion and bok choi whites and sauté briefly. Add scallion greens and ginger, sauté another minute.
- Add water and seaweed soup mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Add scallion tops, bok choi greens, carrot tops. In a small bowl, blend the miso with a small amount of the broth. Return the miso mixture to the pot. Simmer without boiling for 5 more minutes.
Share this Recipe