- 1/2 cup Dulse
- Refined sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups kale chopped
- 1/3 cup tamari-roasted sunflower seeds
- Soak the dulse for 10 minutes in a bowl with water just to cover. Drain and reserve the soaking liquid.
- Mince two cloves garlic and sauté briefly in two tablespoons refined sesame oil. Add two quarts chopped kale and sauté until the color deepens. Add 1⁄2 cup soaked, drained, chopped Dulse and 1⁄3 cup tamari-roasted sunflower seeds. Add a few teaspoons of the dulse soaking liquid to the pan. Cover and steam about two minutes.
- A variation on the above recipe would add sautéed parsnips and/or onions in addition to the garlic.
Tamari-roasted sunflower seeds:
- Heat 1⁄3 cup raw sunflower seeds in a cast iron frying pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until seeds give off a sweet, toasty smell and are lightly colored. Remove from heat. Sprinkle on a few dashes of tamari while stirring seeds. Scrape the hot seeds and tamari into a wooden bowl to cool. These are very good as a snack, too, so make extra!
Share this Recipe